BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open design and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise applications.
BigCommerce Pros and Cons
Thus, is BigCommerce the Perfect tool for your ecommerce strategy?
Well, that depends. Like any tool, it includes pros and cons To think about.
- Outstanding management tools, such as order management, product management, reports, analytics, and whatever else you can think of. BigCommerce is excellent for store management on an everyday basis.
- Marketing module with AdWords integrations, coupons, and much more. Plus, you can nurture your audience via integrations with email advertising tools like Mailchimp
- BigCommerce is very affordable when you consider the number of amazing features it provides and the fact that there is no limitation on the number of clients you can function, or the number of products you can provide.
- 24/7 support: Customer support from BigCommerce is very excellent. You can even get assistance with figuring things out like SEO as well as the basics of advertising.
- Use the monies that match you — including multiple at different times.
- No payment fees: Even if you are using a third party payment gateway, then BigCommerce doesn’t charge any payment.
- The tool for saving abandoned cart particulars is fantastic for getting your customers back into your shop when you need them most.
- If you want to personalize your shop, the themes can become quite expensive — particularly in the event that you would like something out of the premium selection.
- It’s difficult to adjust all the facets of your home page — such as the text content.
- The site carousel requires a bit of trial and error before you can get it looking fantastic.
- The layout adjustment features don’t always work the way that you would like it to.
- You need to pay quite a bit access to get access to things like the abandoned cart operation.
- There’s a limit on the sum of annual online sales you can make. Should you exceed that limit, you’ll be forced to cover a more expensive plan
- Themes can be very similar to each other in the free section.
At one point BigCommerce had some competitive pricing that However, after numerous emails and comments from our readers, it looks like they have dramatically increased prices for their more successful customers.
This is a huge setback to both BigCommerce customers and our view Sure, you still get some of the fixed costs that we will outline below, but once you exceed a certain point in earnings you’re going to get slammed with insanely large monthly prices. It’s almost like BigCommerce is trying to gouge users that make more income, simply because they can.
Concerning pricing, check out the four plans below:
- Standard Plan – For $29.95 per month you get unlimited products, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, credit card and paypal acceptance and no transaction fee. You have to be earning under $50k annually to consumer the Standard package so it’s going to only be suitable for smaller ecommerce websites. The BigCommerce Standard program also lacks some advanced features, such as segmentation, and abandoned cart recovery.
- Plus Plan- For $79.95 a month you receive all Standard Plan attributes, no transaction fees, real-time carrier shipping, good payment suppliers, an abandoned cart saver, advanced customer segmentation and also a voucher that’s hosted on your own domainname. The BigCommerce Plus plan is suitable for medium-sized online stores generating around $150k annually. Deciding on this program will allow you to access a few more advanced features. The”Abandoned Cart Saver” is also available , which enables you to reach out to users that did not complete their purchase.
- Pro Plan- For $299.95 each month you get all Plus Strategy attributes, no transaction fees, Google customer reviews, merchandise filtering and an available dedicated SSL. Caution: This strategy starts at $299.95/mo for less than $400k in online sales. After that they require at least $150/mo for every extra $200k in sales. In summary, they’ll get you in the event that you surpass that $400K mark. The BigCommerce Pro plan also comes with Faceted search, which allows online shoppers to filter and sort solutions. This plan will also enable store owners to install third-party SSL certificates.
- Enterprise Plan- This takes you to contact BigCommerce for custom pricing, however you can anticipate all of the Plus Plan features, along with a dedicated SSL and IP address, setup and data migration, priority service, product filtering, advanced reporting tools, Google reputable stores and more. As many of our customers have pointed out, it appears as if BigCommerce is pushing a lot more successful clients to go with this program .
All Sites hosted on BigCommerce are level 1 certified PCI compliant, so your customers don’t have to be worried about their personal and financial information. Your company infrastructure can be shielded with a business grade network architecture.
I Especially enjoy the fact that you can decide to either talk about an SSL certification or purchase your own. Life requires more options like that. Fundamentally, a shared SSL means your checkout isn’t hosted on your own website. It appears like it is, but the client goes through another course. It is comparable to Shopify.
Overall, security is one of the strong points with BigCommerce.
After having tested BigCommerce’s Functionalities for many weeks, we’ll give you our verdict: overall, we are happy with the outcome and we all think that BigCommerce is a solid tool to make your online store — it is similar to Shopify.
Product management is remarkably flexible with BigCommerce. Your Inventory will be perfectly handled and upgraded, and you’ll have the ability to specify all the options and variants which you need for your merchandise. With their App Market, you are able to install programs that offer additional functionalities.